Buttock augmentation is the procedure which reshapes , uplifts the gluteal area & enhances its projection It is also called gluteoplasty or butt lift.
Who Are The Candidates For Buttock Augmentation/ Butt Lift
Buttock augmentation is done in candidates who are not happy with the appearance of their buttocks because
- They are small, flat & square.
- They are disproportionate to overall body frame
- They are asymmetric
- They have become loose & saggy after massive weight loss.
Benefits Of Buttock Augmentation/ Butt Lift
- Buttocks/ Butts appear rounded , fuller with enhanced projection
- Makes your butt more proportionate & balanced
- TGives you a youthful, prominent buttocks and a more sensual body profile.
How Is Buttock Augmentation/ Butt Lift Procedure Is Performed?
Buttock augmentation is done either with buttock implants or by autologous fat transfer, also popularly known as Brazillan butt lift.
Buttock augmentation with gluteal implants:-
- Augmentation with a gluteal implant is the method, most suitable for enhancing buttocks of a man or woman whose body possesses very few stores of excess fat in abdomen & thighs from where it is generally taken out.
- In this an incision is made in crease between top of two buttocks. Then a plane is created either under the buttock muscle or over it & implant is placed. After this incision is closed in layers with dissolvable sutures.
Brazilian Butt Lift:-
- Brazilian butt lift or autologous fat transfer is the process in which fat is removed from certain areas & used to reshape & enhance the buttocks.
- The fat is usually extracted from the areas of excess, which are usually lower trunk & thighs by liposuction. This fat is processed by centrifugation
- This processed fat is injected in gluteal areas with special cannulas at multiple levels in layers.
- This procedure is excellent for candidates who want butt lift along with liposuction of excess fat on certain areas of body.
Pre Surgery Precautions & Instructions
- You will undergo clinical check up, blood investigations and chest x-ray for evaluation of fitness for surgery.
- Stop smoking for at least 2 weeks before the procedure.
- Stop Aspirin, painkillers, Antioxidents or nutritional support 7 days before the procedure.
- Discuss with your surgeon if you are taking any herbs, homeopathic medicines or nutritional supplements which need to be discontinuied.
- Discuss with your surgeon about your past major illness .
- Inform your surgeon regarding any current illness like diabetes, blood pressure for which you are taking any medicines. Also inform him if you have had any recent illness like cold, diarrhea etc.
Recovery After Buttock Augmentation Surgery
- The results of buttock augmentation are immediately visible. Initially some swelling will appear on each buttocks which will take 3-4 weeks to resolve.
- You will need to wear pressure garment around the clock for 3 weeks. This will support the gluteal area & help skin to redrape properly.
- No sitting is permitted for 10 days. You have to sleep face down or on one side. After this period direct pressure on buttocks must be avoided by for at least 8 weeks. While sitting use a soft pillow under your thighs to keep buttocks raised in air. Also avoid prolonged sitting.
- You can return to normal daily activity & work after 2 weeks. Exercise can be resumed after 8-10 weeks.
- You will be given instructions about medications to be taken at home which include antibiotcs to prevent any infection & pain killers.
- Final result will be seen after 4-6 months. By this time the swelling will completely resolve, implants will settle in position & scars will fade.
How Long The Results Of Buttock Augmentation Will Last?
- In Brazilian butt lift some amount of fat will get absorbed. The fat that remains will stay there for the rest of your life. But significant weight gain / loss can affect the results because fat accumulation /loss on buttocks. So you have to make necessary life style changes. A healthy diet & exercise should be incorporated in daily routine to maintain the results over long term.
- In case of buttock augmentation with implants the result will be long lasting. The implants need not to be removed unless some rare late complication occurs.