Thigh lift involves reshaping of thighs by removal of excess sagging skin & fat. It gives smoother skin & makes thighs look slim & firm. It can be combined with liposuction of thighs for removal of excess fat.
Who Are The Candidates For Thigh Lift?
You are a candidate for thigh lift if -
- You have sagging loose skin around thigh after significant weight loss or after weight loss surgery
- You are not happy with flabby skin & heaviness of your thighs
- You have difficulty in fitting into clothes of your choice.
Benefits Of Thigh Lift Surgery
- It creates more proportionate &curvaceous thighs.
- Overall thigh skin will appear more smooth, firm & youthful.
- You can enjoy wide variety of clothes especially tight fitting clothes & swimwear.
- It will enhance your confidence & you will have a better self image
Types Of Thigh Lift Surgery
There are two types of thigh lifts
- Medial ( Inner) thigh lift: This type of thigh lift deals with the loose, sagging skin & fat on inner aspect of thighs. The incision is taken in groin area . If a substantial skin excision is required an additional longitudinal incision may be required.
- Lateral (Outer) thigh lift: In this type of thigh lift thigh is recontoured by removing the excess skin & fat from outer aspect of thigh. This thigh lift may be combined with buttock lift. The incision is taken in groin & it runs around the hip & across back.
Role of liposuction in thigh lift
- Liposuction may be used as adjunct procedure to remove the excess fat
- It is also used to remove the isolated fat pockets
Pre Thigh Lift Surgery Precautions & Instructions
- You will undergo clinical check up, blood investigations and chest x-ray for evaluation of fitness for surgery.
- Stop smoking for at least 2 weeks before the procedure.
- Stop Aspirin, painkillers, Antioxidants or nutritional support 7 days before the procedure.
- Discuss with your surgeon if you are taking any herbs, homeopathic medicines or nutritional supplements which need to be discontinued.
- Discuss with your surgeon about your past major illness .
- Inform your surgeon regarding any current illness like diabetes, blood pressure for which you are taking any medicines. Also inform him if you have had any recent illness like cold, diarrhea etc.
Post Thigh Lift Surgery Precautions & Instructions
- You will be given antibiotics and pain killers.
- You may have some soreness at procedure site for one week.
- You will have a loose dressing around your thighs which will be removed at the time of your first post-op visit on 3rd or 4th day after surgery.
- There may be drains placed in operated area to remove collected blood & body fluid.
- By evening you will start wearing tight pressure garment .
- There may be some swelling & bruises on thighs which will completely resolve in 4-6 weeks.
- You can start taking bath after first check dressing which is done at the time of your first post-op visit.
- You can return to routine day to day activities 1 week after surgery depending upon your tolerance level.
- You can resume walking & light exercise after two weeks. Avoid heavy strenuous exercises like jogging, running for 6 to 8 weeks.
- WEAR PRESSURE GARMENTS REGULARLY.
For first 3 weeks-Wear 24 hours. You can remove them for bath and put back with seam on the outside.
For next 3 weeks-Wear 10 to 12 hours.
Note:REMEMBER, ALTHOUGH YOU LOOK BETTER IMMEDIATELY AFTER REMOVAL OF THE DRESSING,IT WILL TAKE 3 TO 6 MONTHS TO SEE FINAL RESULTS.
What Will Be My Thigh Lift Scar Like?
The length of thigh lift scar will depend upon the type of thigh lift procedure. The scar behaves differently in different individuals. In most of the people final scar is hidden in groin area. Dr. Ashish will take maximum precautions to minimize the scarring & make the scar less conspicuous.
How Long Will The Results Of Thigh Lift Surgery Last?
The results after thigh lift surgery will last for long time. But if you gain or loose significant weight over the period of time the result might change. Also your skin will lose its elasticity & become loose as age advances. But the subsequent thigh laxity will be far less significant than before your surgery.